A project of cooperation of
The Faculty of Arts of the Pedagogical University in Krakow, Poland Hamidrasha-Faculty of Arts of Beit Berl College, Israel
Both schools – Hamidrasha-Faculty of Arts of Beit Berl College and the Faculty of Arts of the Pedagogical University in Krakow – are located in the premises of historical sites that bear memories of fundamental issues in the history of each country. The faculty in Krakow is located in the former School of Crafts in Kazimierz, the former Jewish quarter in Krakow. The Midrasha is located in Kalmania, the former agricultural institute for pioneers active before Israel was established.
The identity of these places, unknown to most, and therefore ambiguous, can be inspiring for the artistic exploration of the themes of memory and its paradoxes.
The Tangents project is a platform for exchanging ideas, and involving students and lecturers from both schools. The key issues for exploration will be: dialogue with tradition, erasing and restoring memory and the specificity and identity of a particular place.
The artistic effect of the project will be interdisciplinary artistic interventions in the specificity of the locations in Krakow and Kalmania near Tel Aviv.
- To search TANGENTIAL points of contact between the two universities, between their histories.
- To co-operate and discuss throughout the year similar notions and strategies involving how we perceive history.
- To create a multi-component artistic and research process based on the principle of open and democratic methods of dialogue and cooperation.
- To exhibit in the Jewish Culture Festival in June 2016.
- To conduct an interactive workshop in the Jewish Culture Festival in June 2016, led by Polish and Israeli students together.
organisation: Faculty of Art Foundation